FRIENDS & SUPPORTERS
A Word of Gratitude!
Since we started to realize the dream of a home for children affected and infected by HIV/AIDS, we came across so many special people who offered their support freely and often most spontaneously – with goods or money, with advice and helping hands, in good spirits and sometimes with just a smile and an encouraging word.
A BIG THANK YOU – ENKOSI to each of you!
The following list of supporters, helpers and advice-givers is certainly not complete. Some didn’t want to be published, others were happy to be mentioned in connection with HOKISA. Many companies, organisations and institutions help us with donations, discounts and advice to build and maintain the HOKISA Home. In case you don’t find your name in the following list, but would like to be mentioned, please let us know and we will do so with pleasure!
First of all – and not because he starts in the alphabetical order – we would like to thank his Grace, Archbishop (em.) Desmond Mpilo Tutu, who has opened the first HOKISA Home on December 1, 2002 and the HOKISA Peace House on November 18, 2005.
- ADT Security
- African Impact, Cape Town (Lynsey, Theo and their team of dedicated volunteers)
- African Queen Guesthouse
- Andile Thomas (who helped to create our beautiful garden and playground)
- Anglican Church (Church of the Province of South Africa)
- Annie Middleton (music teacher)
- Aroundaboutcars (Cape Point Lodge)
- Prof Terri Barnes
- Brunig Compost Processors
- Cape Medical Response
- Cape Villa Collection
- Carol and John Thompson
- Cape Town International Convention Centre
- Cecil Bosman
- Christopher Higgo (website design and support)
- Civils 2000
- Clarke Family
- Clarke’s Garage (Engen)
- Construction Trade and Industry - Annual Golf Day
- Councillor Felicity Purchase
- David and Natalie Forman
- Deon Bing (BING digital video production)
- Derek de Hutton
- Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
- Do Productions
- Donald Gill
- Eve Graham Marketing
- False Bay Business Network
- False Bay College
- FANG (Fencing company)
- Film Afrika
- Fish Hoek Electric
- Fish Hoek Internet Centre
- Florstore Fish Hoek
- Dieter and Ruth Gerhardt
- Eddie Mair
- Gerry McDonald
- German Consulate - Cape Town
- Global Synapse
- Graham Jones
- Grants kitchen shop
- Gresham’s School, UK
- Gys De Villiers
- Hilary Bingham - Killara Uniting Church
- Hoole Family
- Ingrid Altmann and friends
- Isiqalo - Tim Connibear
- J.M.A Fine
- James Rouse and family
- James Strachan
- Jeannette Howe-Watson (for our beautiful mural)
- Joanne Hugo (design of our logo)
- John and Jan Butterfield
- John and Sue Soal
- John Rippon
- Johnston and Carmichael
- KAOS - Kay and Ross
- Kath and Terry Buchan
- Khal Rudin and Family, UK (Adam Matthew Prublications Ltd.)
- KFC Fish Hoek
- KIds - Bildung fuer arme Kinder in Kapstadt
- Lewis Stores
- MacDonalds Long Beach Mall
- Macias Restis Charitable Trust
Malvern College, UK
- Margaret Jackson
- Marycke Roche (all bookkeeping and financial accounting support)
- Masiphumelele Clinic - all the dedicated Doctors, Nurses and Support Staff
- May and David John Forman
- MIA films
- Mintlaw Chipper
- Morse family
- Mpilo Ministries Trust (Archbishop Desmond Tutu, for donation to support indigent mothers)
- Nippers Fish Hoek (Janeen, Dave and ALL the coaches and parents)
- Muizenberg High School
- Nicholson Family
- Nouwens Carpets
- On Tap
- Paint Warehouse
- Panarottis - Claremont
- Penny Klann
- Peter Jacka, Dr (for ongoing medical support)
- Pick’n Pay Longbeach Mall
- Plumstead Electrical Wholesalers
- Prima Ready Mix
- Quentin Redcliffe
- Ray’s Building works (who built our home and continues to assist us)
- Rotary Club – Cape of the Good Hope and Kromboom
- Royal Cape Golf Club
- Rustenburg Girls’ High School
- Scenic South
- Sheriff of Simon’s Town (Mrs. Hester Fourie)
- Shuter and Shooter
- Simphiwe Dana and family (our ambassador)
- Social Services, Wynberg
- South Peninsula Administration
- Southern Art Supplies
- St. Johns - False Bay
- Stel and Steve Perett
- Suzanne Gelmon
- Swartland Building Suppliers
- System Restoration Technologies
- Terry Hughes and the Hughes family
- Tim Hughes Architect
- Tracker (for security in our vehicles)
- Troika International
- Valley Blocs
- Valley Glass
- Jos van Krimpen
- Van Riebeeck Press
- Julian Visser
- Wessel Du Toit
- Wilde Ganzen
- Winchester Mansions Hotel
- Woolworths Fish Hoek & Long Beach Mall
- Woolworths - Corporate Social Investment
- Yasha Dempsey (dance teacher)
- Zimmerman Family
- Zip Print
- Zoe and Michelle Saffer
A big “Thank you!” to our “Friends of HOKISA in Germany”.
Our German Friends of HOKISA, all of them volunteers next to their normal heavy work duties, administer all donations from Germany without any extra costs and provide each donor with a tax certificate and once year a informative newsletter to keep in touch. We can’t express our gratitude for your most responsible work enough!
Each of you are pillars of support - thank you, board members of HOKISA in Germany: Alois Finke, Angelika Klotz-Groeneveld, Wilhelm Groeneveld, Aki Krieger, Juergen Geyer, Birgit Netz-Gerten, Luise Schatz, Dr. Wilhelm Koetting, Kerstin Streich and Matthias Schulze.
In addition we want to thank Christoph Heise and Manfred Brinkmann of the German Teachers Trade Union GEW and the Heinrich-Rodenstein-Fonds for contributing to the salaries of our staff at the HOKISA Home. Many thanks also to the German Medical Help Organisation Action Medeor for their financial support around medical and social-psychological care of the HOKISA children and youth.
Out of several schools in Germany we would like to mention especially the Nelson Mandela School in Dierdorf/Koblenz, the Realschule Wiefelstede/Oldenburg, the Schiller Gymnasium in Cologne, the Gesamtschule Bonn-Beuel, the Gerhard Hauptmann School in Hannover and the Anne Frank School in Frankfurt/Main. The support, creativity and commitment of the learners, teachers and parents of each of these school over many years mean so much to us and our children!
From the Netherlands:
A big “Thank you!” to our “Friends of HOKISA in the Netherlands”.
They have created a wonderful network of supporters from all over the Netherlands, kind people from all walks of life who donate to the work of HOKISA. Thank you, board members of HOKISA in the Netherlands for your incredible volunteer work: Constance Vos, Dineke Koerts, Els Schellekens, Ineke Verweij and Vera Habers! You are such stars!
Thank you as well to Robert and Marijke Sterk, for designing the most beautiful Dutch newsletters - and to “vanLieremedia” company for printing them for free.
We also want to especially thank all learners, teachers and parents of the Vondelschool in Bussum, who taught even the small kids so much about the children in South Africa.
From the USA:
A big “Thank you” to our “Friends of HOKISA in the USA”.
Especially we want to thank Joanne Baker of Tias Arms, an NGO working for children with HIV/AIDS in Los Angeles.
We welcome as new supporters of HOKISA the organisation AidAfrica.
AidAfrica is a non-governmental, non-profit, charitable organisation in Ireland (CHY15818) which collects funds for distribution to charities in Southern Africa that directly assist children affected by HIV/AIDS.